I was experiencing a similar issue...

Here is what i found regarding similar error message :
{ "message": "The caller does not have permission", "code": 7, "status":
"PERMISSION_DENIED", "details": [ { "@type":
"type.googleapis.com\/google.ads.googleads.v15.errors.GoogleAdsFailure",
"errors": [ { "errorCode": { "authorizationError": "USER_PERMISSION_DENIED"
}, "message": "User doesn't have permission to access customer. Note: If
you're accessing a client customer, the manager's customer id must be set
in the 'login-customer-id' header. See
https:\/\/developers.google.com\/google-ads\/api\/docs\/concepts\/call-structure#cid"

} ], "requestId": "UAo0n2LRjzMd8HJjKdc4rw" } ] }

-- This did not actually appear to be an issue with the login-customer-id
NOT being in the header...
the issues that resolved this for me was to remove setting the
"linkedCustomerId" from the client which possibly only worked before for
the wrong reasons..

Previously had the client setting the Manager account id as the login
customer id, and the context account was used to set the linkedCustomerId (
which was probably not needed anyways since the requests would contain the
customerId anyways..

Hope this helps.. at least this is what worked for me..

Ricky C