I wouldn't assume that they are incremental and stay that way. AdWords is
probably a database, distributed over many (maybe hundreds) of servers.
Most distributed databases don't have incremental identifiers - they have a
different method. I could explain a straightforward method where the IDs
appear to be incremental but are not, but I think that's not want you want
to know.

To achieve what you want, you could use the CampaignService and filter for
campaigns with Start Date > [previous sync date]. Technically that won't
give you just the new campaigns: you can create a new campaign with a start
date in the next month or next year. Still, it would vastly reduce the
amount of campaigns that you have to check.