Hi Alan,

You use your refresh token to generate new access tokens. Then the access
token is the one you include in the API calls so your request get properly
authorized, as you mentioned.

So if you were able to generate a refresh token already, a call
to https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/token allows you to generate an
access token. As explained
her<https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/OAuth2InstalledApp#refresh>
e.

But your mention to redirect URIs makes me think that you are in early
stages of the OAuth2 protocol and haven't been able to generate a refresh
token. In a simplistic way to describe it, you first redirect your user to
our auth server so they can authorize your application to access their
data, our server will then redirect to your application with a confirmation
code (this is not an access or refresh token) that you then need to
exchange for a pair of access token and refresh token. Access tokens are
short lived and their lifetime is returned as part of the response, while
refresh token don't expire and you should securely store these on your
side. I'd recommend you carefully reading this doc
page<https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/OAuth2> and
also recommend you specifically reading about the Installed Apps
flow<https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/OAuth2InstalledApp>

BTW, I'd highly recommend you using our client libraries, which will
greatly help you implement the whole auth logic since all of them offer
utilities and code examples on how to deal with OAuth2. If you tell me what
programming language your are working with I can point you to some of these
resources.

Best,

- David Torres - AdWords API Team