Hi Lee,

The same rules apply in the API as in the
frontend<https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454022?hl=en-GB>.
You need to ensure the campaign is configured to "Search Network only".
Also, can you check that the status of the Campaign and AdGroup, that
they're able to serve.

Regards,

- Paul, AdWords API Team.