The last response is correct. The client_id and client_secret identify your
application - in a similar way to the developerToken, but only to the
authorization servers. If you need to permit many users to use your
application then you should look at the Web Server Application OAuth2
flow<https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/OAuth2WebServer>,
which permits users to login to your application through their browser.

However, we recommend instead that you make links to the client accounts
with your MCC as this allows for a simpler implementation (Installed
Application flow<https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/OAuth2InstalledApp>
).

Regards,

- Paul, AdWords API Team.