Today we're announcing the release of AdWords API v201506. Here are the
highlights:

   - *Location extensions within a geographic area* is now configurable
   through the API, which in previous versions was a read-only feature

<http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/2015/04/check-forward-compatibility-map-before.html>
   . LocationGroups

<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/latest/CampaignCriterionService.LocationGroups>
 provides
   a feedId that is now required when specifying a LocationExtensionOperand

<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/latest/CampaignCriterionService.LocationExtensionOperand>
 in
   the matching function.

<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/latest/CampaignCriterionService.LocationGroups#matchingFunction>
   - *Updates to reporting.* Gmail Sponsored Promotion stats are now
   available in reporting. We’ve added new columns to existing reports,
   including the Final Url column to the Search Query report and start and end
   dates to Campaign Performance report. See the release notes
   <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/#v201506> for
   the complete list.
   - *Improved ConstantDataService.* CriterionUserInterest

<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201506/ConstantDataService.CriterionUserInterest>
 objects
   now have a new parent ID attribute that allows for navigation of the user
   interest taxonomy hierarchy.
   - *AWQL improvements.* You can now explicitly include

<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/zero-impression-reports#explicitly_including_zero_impressions>
    or exclude

<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/zero-impression-reports#set_includezeroimpressions_http_header_to_false>
 zero
   impression rows whenrequesting reports using AWQL
   <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/awql#adhoc-reports>.
   Also, the DURING clause became optional when defining ALL_TIME reports.
Shared
   set services
   <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/shared-sets> were
   extended with the AWQL query() method.
   - *Improvement to labels.* You can now programmatically set label
   descriptions and colors

<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201506/LabelService.Label#attribute>
 using
   the API.

If you're using v201409 of the AdWords API, please note that it's being
sunset <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/sunset-dates> on
July 28th, 2015. We encourage you to skip v201502 and migrate straight to
v201506. If you're using v201502, be aware it's now marked deprecated and
will be sunset on *November 5th, 2015*.

As with every new version of the AdWords API, we encourage you to carefully
review all changes in the release notes
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/#v201506> and the
v201506
migration guide
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/migration/v201506>.
The updated client libraries
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/clientlibraries> and code
examples will be published shortly. With this release, we've also updated
the Required Minimum Functionality document
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/requirements> to include
some of the newly added features. If you have any questions or need help
with migration, please post on the forum
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/> or the Ads
Developers Plus Page <https://plus.google.com/+GoogleAdsDevelopers>.
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/116761214452114671837/posts> - Danial Klimkin
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/116761214452114671837/posts>, on behalf of