I want to give my developer read-only access to a few of our production
accounts to give him relevant data for testing purposes.

I have a production MCC that also has been used to create API credentials.
This account also holds the Adwords API access.

I have created test accounts both MCC and test accounts that all works just
fine with the "live credentials"

I also have no problem accessing all accounts connected to my production
MCC, but this access is read/write.

How do I create an account and credentials for read-only access on only a
few accounts linked to my production MCC?

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/ccc4f0ed-3bce-44bb-9682-d4d5eaa8d1c4%40googlegroups.com.