Hello Peter,

There isn't a guarantee that the policy name plus the description are going
to be unique. One of the factors is localization. The description may
change to account for that. If you're looking for something unique, the
only value guaranteed to be unique is the key
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201603/AdGroupCriterionService.PolicyViolationError#key>
.

Cheers,
Nadine, AdWords API Team