Hi Chirag,

I once replied to Mark privately, but it seems I forgot to relay
information here as well.
To exclude *automatic placements, *please do as follows:

Add a NegativeAdGroupCriterion
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201506/AdGroupCriterionService.NegativeAdGroupCriterion>
a certain ad group, setting its Criterion.Type
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201506/AdGroupCriterionService.Criterion.Type>
*PLACEMENT.*Then, set its url
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201506/AdGroupCriterionService.Placement#url>
the same one you would like to exclude (the original *automatic placement* of
your interest).
Finally, use AdGroupCriterionService to execute an ADD operation of the
*AdGroupCriterion*.
Note that in this way, the *automatic placements *will be changed to
*managed* one.

To get *automatic placements*, please run
AUTOMATIC_PLACEMENTS_PERFORMANCE_REPORT
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/reports/automatic-placements-performance-report>
.

Best,