Hi,

(I attempted to post earlier this morning, but don't see the post on the
forum so I'm reposting.  Sorry for any duplicates if prior post exists).

I would like to create a feed that contains callout text for adgroup
callout extensions.  I want to create a separate feed from the 'Main
callout feed' that's automatically populated when using the
adGroupExtensionSettingService as these callouts will be specific to
adgroups in certain campaigns only, and I do not want to fill the main
callout feed with these callouts.

I found
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!newtopic/adwords-api/adwords-api/wsZjwe8DZPA,
which seems to imply that you can specify the feedItemId to reuse an
existing callout extension, but I'm not sure that includes a user defined
feed.

I'm using the 201607 level of the php API.   I'm able to create the feed,
feedItems and feedMapping to specify the CALLOUT placeholder.  When calling
the adGroupExtensionSettingService with the feedId and feedItemId of the
callout I wish to add, I get an error from the API.

Error
object(SoapFault)#113 (10) {
  ["message":protected]=>
  string(130) "*[EntityNotFound.INVALID_ID *@
operations[0].operand.*extensionSetting.extensions[0].feedItemId;
trigger:'FeedItemId{id=9897330092}']"*

*FeedItem from the Feed:*

FeedItem Object
(
*    [feedId] => 45012406*
*    [feedItemId] => 9897330092*
    [status] => ENABLED
    [startTime] =>
    [endTime] =>
    [attributeValues] => Array
        (
            [0] => FeedItemAttributeValue Object
                (
*                    [feedAttributeId] => 1*
                    [integerValue] =>
                    [doubleValue] =>
                    [booleanValue] =>
*                    [stringValue] => Utility*
                    [integerValues] =>
                    [doubleValues] =>
                    [booleanValues] =>
                    [stringValues] =>
                    [moneyWithCurrencyValue] =>
                )

        )

    [policyData] =>
    [devicePreference] =>
    [scheduling] =>
    [campaignTargeting] =>
    [adGroupTargeting] =>
    [keywordTargeting] =>
    [geoTargeting] =>
    [geoTargetingRestriction] =>
    [urlCustomParameters] =>
)

FeedMapping for the feed/feedItem:

    [4] => FeedMapping Object
        (
            [feedMappingId] => 47676708
*            [feedId] => 45012406*
*            [placeholderType] => 17*
*            [status] => ENABLED*
            [attributeFieldMappings] => Array
                (
                    [0] => AttributeFieldMapping Object
                        (
*                            [feedAttributeId] => 1*
*                            [fieldId] => 1*
                        )

                )

            [criterionType] =>
        )

*Attempted AdGroupExtensionSetting:*

*AdGroupExtensionSetting* Object
(
  *  [adGroupId] => 38646523193*
*    [extensionType] => CALLOUT*
    [extensionSetting] => ExtensionSetting Object
        (
            [extensions] => Array
                (
                    [0] => CalloutFeedItem Object
                        (
                            [calloutText] => Utility
*                            [feedId] => 45012406*
*                            [feedItemId] => 9897330092*
                            [status] =>
                            [feedType] =>
                            [startTime] =>
                            [endTime] =>
                            [devicePreference] =>
                            [scheduling] =>
                            [campaignTargeting] =>
                            [adGroupTargeting] =>
                            [keywordTargeting] =>
                            [geoTargeting] =>
                            [geoTargetingRestriction] =>
                            [policyData] =>
                            [ExtensionFeedItemType] =>
                            [_parameterMap:ExtensionFeedItem:private] =>
Array
                                (
                                    [ExtensionFeedItem.Type] =>
ExtensionFeedItemType
                                )

                        )

                )

            [platformRestrictions] => NONE
        )

)

I was able to successfully add a callout by specifying the feedItemId of a
feedItem in the 'Main Callout Feed' feed using the
adGroupExtensionSettingService, but not one from my user defined feed.  Is
this possible, or does the adGroupExtensionSettingService require you to
use the 'Main Callout Feed'?   This sort of seems like the case as the
calloutFeedItem says the feedId is read only.  If I can't specify the
feedId to my feed, then I'm assuming it adGroupExtensionSettingService uses
specific feeds for the extensions it creates.

I really wanted to avoid using agroupFeedService/mapping function, but it
appears that's what might be necessary to use my own feed for callouts.

Any help (even confirmation that adGroupExtensionSettingService can't be
used in this case) will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/4c1b7bf0-f055-4110-92d2-6fdc0d98658e%40googlegroups.com.