Hi all,

We have an Google Adwords account linked up to a Google Universal Analytics
account and we are trying to attribute call extension conversions to the
Adwords via Analytics using only the gCLID. We are getting the gCLIDs via
the Google Adwords API.

In other words, we get these Google click IDs (gCLID) from the Google click
metrics report every time there is a click to call on our ad. However,
since the user never actually goes to the site, it is impossible to grab
the Google Analytics CID to identify an Analytics session.

We would like to import these gCLIDs to Analytics and have them attributed
to our Adwords account by sending events using the measurement protocol.
These are the parameters that we are sending with MP so far but with no
success as of yet.

v: "1", tid: "UA-xxxxxxx-x", cid: "555", gclid: CMvmjrWWvdECFQONaQodh, t:
"event", ec: "SEM Call", ea: "Call Placed", cn: "NADA Event", ci:
"xxxxxxxxx", cs: "google", cm: "cpc", ev: 27, kc: +nada

The event source / medium turn out to be correct but Analytics doesn't seem
to realize that we are trying to import conversions to attribute and link
with our Adwords account.

We know that importing directly to Adwords is a possibility, but we would
rather import directly to Analytics if possible, due to other tracking
issues.

Can anyone help me attribute my gCLIDS (conversions) to my Adwords account
and specifically, to Adwords keywords, in this way?

Thanks!

Alan

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/6cce0800-03d4-4f38-a540-1dbbbc436826%40googlegroups.com.