Hi Nadine,

Thanks for the update, we canceled the jobs from this morning as well.
While doing so, we observed that for some jobs, it was not possible to
cancel them although they have been in state active. For these jobs, the
progress showed 100% completed. Retrying is not really an option for us, if
the jobs are not completed by early morning (around 07:00am german time),
it's pointless or even harmful for us to retry. I suppose that, under
normal conditions, we can expect a job to be finished in time if they have
been submitted by 5:00am? At least that was not a problem in the past.
Also, it feels like pushing more and more jobs to the "queue" might make
things even worse.

I checked again some of the jobs we did cancel (including jobs from
tuesday) and they all are still in status canceling, so no progress on that
side.

Best,
Stefan

Am Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2017 21:11:46 UTC+1 schrieb Nadine Sundquist
(AdWords API Team):

> Hi Stefan,
>
> The good news is that we found where the hanging is happening, but the bad
> news is that we still don't have a complete fix. If the cancel continues to
> hang, please get back to me. Right now, it looks like you're doing the
> right thing by cancelling and retrying.
>
> Best,
> Nadine, AdWords API Team
>
> On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 1:54:41 AM UTC-5, Stefan Kleine
> Stegemann wrote:
>>

>> Hi Nadine,
>>
>> To update you on this issue, the situation has not improved but rather
>> got slightly worse. Today we have 33 stuck batch jobs (in status ACTIVE)
>> with eight adwords accounts being affected. Yesterday, it was 30 batch jobs
>> with three accounts being affected and on tuesday it was seven jobs, also
>> with three accounts. So we see a slightly "negative" tendency here. I also
>> checked some of the batch jobs we canceled yesterday and they are still in
>> status "CANCELING". Even the jobs which got stuck on tuesday and which we
>> also have canceled yesterday remain in "CANCELING". It seems that these
>> jobs are not doing anything anymore and that there is something broken
>> fundamentally.
>>
>> Do you have any update on this issue? Can we expect batch jobs to come
>> back to "normal"? We'd like to know that because if not, we need to take
>> action to deal with such scenarios.
>>
>> Best,
>> Stefan
>>
>> Am Mittwoch, 15. Februar 2017 15:16:22 UTC+1 schrieb Nadine Sundquist
>> (AdWords API Team):
>>>
>>> Hi Stefan,
>>>
>>> Thanks for reporting this. I personally experienced some longer than
>>> usual running batch jobs last night as well. We're looking into what caused
>>> this last spike in execution time.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Nadine, AdWords API Team

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/43f73996-e4ef-43f3-bc9d-c61992b89565%40googlegroups.com.
      • Re: I... 'Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
        • R... 'Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
          • ... AdWordsApiUser
            • ... AdWordsApiUser
              • ... 'Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
              • ... AdWordsApiUser
              • ... Stefan Kleine Stegemann
              • ... 'Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
              • ... Stefan Kleine Stegemann
              • ... 'Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
              • ... Stefan Kleine Stegemann
              • ... 'Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
              • ... Stefan Kleine Stegemann
              • ... 'Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
              • ... 'Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
              • ... Stefan Kleine Stegemann
              • ... 'Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
  • Re: Issues wit... Brian Bachtel
  • Re: Issues wit... Biniam Asnake
    • Re: Issue... 'Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
  • Re: Issues wit... Mike