I've been going through the documentation for a new project we are
considering in our internal SEA strategy and I was wondering about
something.

Now our SEA people use the Google Keyword Planner to get some insights into
Keywords, it's volume and their respective competition but also Ideas for
Keywords.
The Keyword Planner is fine but some of our people have asked if there were
possibilities to their workflow.

I am currently researching our possibilities and was wondering:
"Is it possible to get more then 12 months of monthly volume data using the
TargetingIdeaService?" cause our people sometime or maybe most of the times
try and get data till 2 and 3 years back

The documentation currently states it grabs the data for 12 months back
from the previous month (since the current month is still running)

I was looking at things like the MonthlySearchVolume
(https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201702/TargetingIdeaService.MonthlySearchVolume)
where I can set the year field to something like 2013? and get the 12
months from 2013?

Is this even a possibility?

Many thanks!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/db0bfbef-5081-4abc-bc62-5303e754f157%40googlegroups.com.