Greetings Oliver,

I took a look into this as well. It does look unexpected. Thank you for
providing all the additional detail. I've started an internal thread to
start looking into it. I'll get back to you as soon as we make further
progress in figuring out what changed in our code base. If you don't hear
from me soon, feel free to bump this thread.

Cheers,
Nadine, AdWords API Team

On Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 2:49:29 AM UTC-4, Oliver wrote:

> Hi Shwetha,
>
> You say:
> *>> You can only create Dynamic Search Ads
> <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/dynamic-search-ads> in
> ad groups with adGroupType
> <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201705/AdGroupService.AdGroup#adgrouptype>
>  as
> SEARCH_DYNAMIC_ADS.*
>
> We don't believe this is the case.  We're referring here to *DynamicSearchAd
> *and *not *ExpandedDynamicSearchAd.  We've always been able to create
> *DynamicSearchAd* in adgroups with type  SEARCH_STANDARD.  The
> documentation below also confirms we can do this:
>
> http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/validation-rules-for-new-dynamic-ad.html?m=0&hl=fi
>
> The last paragraph in the above document says:
> *>> Ad groups with AdGroupType
> <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201702/AdGroupService.AdGroupType>
>  of SEARCH_STANDARD are not
> affected by this change. You can still continue adding expanded text ads,
> dynamic search ads, call ads, and various criterion types
> <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/criteria-usage> to
> them.*
>
> Example adgroup ID:  19597050263
>
> Just to confirm, I'm not referring to creating the new Expanded DSA.  I'm
> referring to only DSA.
>
> Looking forward to hearing back from you.
>
> Oliver
>

> On Monday, 12 June 2017 17:28:21 UTC+1, Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Oliver,
>>
>> You can only create Dynamic Search Ads
>> <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/dynamic-search-ads>
>> in ad groups with adGroupType
>> <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201705/AdGroupService.AdGroup#adgrouptype>
>>
>> as SEARCH_DYNAMIC_ADS. If you try to create a ExpandedDynamicSearchAd
>> <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201705/AdGroupAdService.ExpandedDynamicSearchAd>
>>
>> in an adGroup with adGroupType
>> <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201705/AdGroupService.AdGroup#adgrouptype>
>>
>> as SEARCH_STANDARD, you'll get the
>> OperationAccessDenied.OPERATION_NOT_PERMITTED_FOR_AD_GROUP_TYPE error.
>> Could you provide an example AdGroupId where you are able to create an
>> ExpandedDynamicSearchAd in the UI? Please use *Reply privately to author*
>> when responding.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Shwetha, AdWords API Team.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/caa92a51-d71c-4eb9-a3f0-8e0ed6aa4305%40googlegroups.com.
  • Unab... Oliver
    • ... 'Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
      • ... Oliver
        • ... 'Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
          • ... 'Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
            • ... Oliver
              • ... 'Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
                • ... Jun Nakamura
                • ... 'Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum