I have been running tests the last couple of weeks.

Unfortunately, as I do not have a snapshot of what throughput we used to
get earlier, all I have been trying with is different settings: GZIP,
no-GIP, different download formats (as reported in another thread), but
nothing seems to affect performance. Our reports have become slower
significantly since around September 7th. I would highly appreciate if
someone could help us with this - we can keep increasing the parallelism,
but that is not the way we want to go - we'll stress the API system, and
likely run into rate issues. I am happy to share any details that might
help with the technical investigation. At a scale of thousands of accounts,
the speed difference really makes a difference.

@Dorian, do you use TSV format by any chance? I keep suspecting that it is
something to do with TSV format reports, but I am not able to prove it in
experiments with a hundred or so reports.

Regards,
MG

On Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 7:12:06 PM UTC+5:30, Dorian Kind wrote:

> Hello,
>
> FWIW, we also have experienced somewhat of a performance degradation in
> the reporting infrastructure.
>
> We have one job in particular that collects a number of KPIs and
> structural data for a few hundred accounts using non-AWQL report
> definitions, and up until September 7th its run time was always in the
> order of ~200 minutes. Starting from September 8th however, this job now
> takes more than double that time, usually between 400 and 500 minutes for
> the same number of accounts. It's not a problem for us as the functionality
> is not time-critical, but it definitely became slower.
>
> The timing suggests that it could be the same issue as described
> by AdWordsApiUser in the original post.
>
> Best regards,
> Dorian
>
> On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 14:38:11 UTC+2, Michael Cloonan (AdWords
> API Team) wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> No changes were made that should affect reporting speed, so I have some
>> followup questions to see if we can determine the root cause here.
>>
>> - Is this across all report types, or is there a specific report type
>> where you're seeing the slower behavior?
>> - Do you see more rows get returned or anything else changed in the
>> content of the reports?
>> - For a single report, how long did it take previously and how long does
>> it take now?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mike, AdWords API Team
>>
>> On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 8:02:13 AM UTC-4, Michael Cloonan
>> (AdWords API Team) wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> No updates yet. I will follow up with the team to see what they've found
>>> so far. I will post here when I have any information to share.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Mike, AdWords API Team

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/4d1d14e5-35e2-4257-a8b4-19c1abfc7fbc%40googlegroups.com.
        • Re... AdWordsApiUser
          • ... 'Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
            • ... AdWordsApiUser
              • ... 'Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
              • ... AdWordsApiUser
              • ... AdWordsApiUser
              • ... 'Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
              • ... 'Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
              • ... AdWordsApiUser
              • ... Dorian Kind
              • ... AdWordsApiUser
              • ... AdWordsApiUser
              • ... Tomas R
              • ... Dorian Kind
              • ... 'Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
              • ... AdWordsApiUser
              • ... 'Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
              • ... AdWordsApiUser
  • Re: AWQL Report... Tomas R