Hi, Swetha.

I work with Eric. Generally, the problem is that most of our clients and
potential clients have a fair number of conversion trackers in their
accounts tracking lots of various things, and we spend a fair amount of
time with them to make sure that we're optimizing for the performance of
the conversion trackers that truly matter to their bottom line. We automate
this whenever possible. We can discover what Google Analytics conversion
trackers exist (or have existed in the past) using reports, but the only
info we can get are their name, id, and category from those reports. Since
Google Analytics conversion trackers don't get returned by the service, we
are missing out on some crucial pieces of information to make (and help our
clients make) those decisions -- particularly important are whether the
Google Analytics conversion trackers are currently active (their status),
whether they are included in the "conversions" column (indicating they have
at least historically been conceived of as "important"), their
deduplication mode, and their attribution model type. Without this
information, rather than our system being able to make intelligent
decisions or our employees being able to use our application (which they
already have opened to do lots of other things) to make them, they have to
open up a browser, find the right account, navigate to the conversion types
page, and look at the information there.

I hope that helps, and thanks for filing a feature request,
Greg

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/1286d1fc-8c82-4443-a8ca-f24177888d78%40googlegroups.com.