Damn I've seriously looked through 100 threads related to this and finally
found one that was helpful. The step I was missing was adding the
`client_id` from the JSON key to the 'authorized client' list in
admin.google.com, and also the `oauth2_prn` user to impersonate.

Now I have a new error though...
`AuthorizationError.USER_PERMISSION_DENIED`. Am I supposed to use the
global MCC account rather than my test MCC? (My dev token isnt approved
yet). If I use my master MCC email for `oauth2_prn` I get the above error,
but if I use my test MCC I made I get this error: `Client is unauthorized
to retrieve access tokens using this method.`

Here is how I have it set up again:

- **Production** Google developer console (domain-enabled service account
used for `oauth2_key`, `oauth2_issuer`)
- **Production** GSuite account (enable production service account access
to `https://www.googleapis.com/auth/adwords`)
- **Production** MCC account (API key used for `developer_token`)
- **Test** MCC account (email for `oauth2_prn`)
- **Test** client account (customer id for `client_customer_id`)

They key takeaway is all this was under the production account. The only
test stuff I created was MCC/client account (I didnt create a test google
developer console service or API access or anything like that)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/ee79149f-5a8e-41a4-ab1d-0137d300c0fb%40googlegroups.com.