I'm not sure I made the issue clear with my original post. I am using the
AdWords C# SDK
<https://github.com/googleads/googleads-dotnet-lib/tree/master/examples/AdWords/CSharp>
get and modify campaign objects from the API. These are the steps I'm
taking, and the issue I'm having:

   - Get a campaign by ID using the CampaignService.get(Selector) method.
   - This returns a C# Campaign object
      - By default the object has the field adServingOptimizationStatus set
      to OPTIMIZE.
      - The C# object *also *has an adServingOptimizationStatusSpecified
      field. This is set to TRUE automatically.
   - If I make changes to* different *fields on the Campaign, and then call
   CampaignService.mutate(operation[]), I get the error
   CANNOT_SET_AD_ROTATION_MODE.
   - As you said, the adServingOptimizationStatus field is read only as of
   v201710, so if the adServingOptimizationStatusSpecified field is set to
   TRUE, the operation fails.
   - As a work-around, whenever I get a campaign from the API, I have to
   set adServingOptimizationStatusSpecified on the C# Campaign object to FALSE
   before doing anything else.

It seems like this is pretty clearly a problem with the dotnet lib.

Thanks,
Trevor

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/398f84ae-e3ff-4615-a1fb-0fa2a3b44888%40googlegroups.com.