I'm seeing this exact same issue when upgrading from v201710 of the API to
v201806.

I have tried using other authorisation flows to get around it, but the web
application flow doesn't allow for a non-public domain in the oauth
callback, and our application is completely internal (no public facing
endpoints).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/e5602778-1560-4be1-aab4-aa2b595abb7b%40googlegroups.com.