Hi,

Sorry this has been so frustrating for you. Hopefully I can clear a few
things up.

First, you can only apply for a developer token under a production manager
account. Once you've applied:

   - While your token is pending approval, you can use that developer token
   to issue API requests against *any* *test *account, regardless of its
   account hierarchy, provided your request includes OAuth credentials for the
   account you are issuing the API request against (specified via the
clientCustomerId
   header

<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/call-structure#request_headers>
   ).
   - Once your token is approved, you can use that developer token to issue
   API requests against *any* *production* or *test* account, regardless of
   its account hierarchy, provided your request includes the proper OAuth
   credentials.

*Test* accounts serve two purposes:

   1. They allow you to use the API while your token is pending approval.
   2. Once your token is approved, they allow you to test your code and
   experiment with the API without worrying about generating ad spend, since
   test accounts will not serve ads.

A complicating factor at the moment is that the new AdWords experience in
the UI does not clearly identify test accounts. We're aware of this issue
and are working on a fix. As a *workaround* to that issue, I suggested
checking if the *AdWords API Center* appears in your *manager *account,
since the *AdWords API Center* only appears in an account if it is both: a)
a *production *account; and b) a *manager* account. Therefore, if you log
in as a *manager* account and do *not* see the *AdWords API Center*, then
that account is a test account.

If you're still not sure if your account is a test account, you can send
your client customer ID only to me by clicking *Reply privately to author* on
this message.

Please let me know if the above doesn't clear things up.

Cheers,
Josh, AdWords API Team

On Monday, July 9, 2018 at 5:37:40 PM UTC-4, vodosoft.fu...@gmail.com wrote:

> Really, Adwords API is the most confusing API I've ever seen in my entire
> life.
>
> I made a manager account .. then when I test it says that
> (AuthorizationError.USER_PERMISSION_DENIED) .. when searched online found
> that that's because I'm testing on non-test account .. I created a test
> account then now you say API CENTRE is not available for testing
> accounts????
> How is that possible! Please give us clear instructions how to even test
> any of this API !!
>

> On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 5:08:26 PM UTC+2, Josh Radcliff (AdWords API
> Team) wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is the account you are using a manager account? If you're not sure, you
>> can send your client customer ID only to me by clicking *Reply privately
>> to author *on this message.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Josh, AdWords API Team
>>
>> On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 5:33:04 PM UTC-4, nikkyus...@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm having the same issue, I've tried the steps you suggested, but it
>>> seems the account I'm using *is not* a test account, but still, I
>>> cannot see from the menu AdWords API Center ( neither new interface nor old
>>> one).
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/28a73d8f-0d6c-4d2f-9137-1245e52acb71%40googlegroups.com.
  • ... nikkyusatesting
    • ... 'Luis Xander Talag (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
      • ... nikkyusatesting
        • ... nikkyusatesting
    • ... nikkyusatesting
      • ... 'Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
        • ... vodosoft . furia
          • ... 'Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
            • ... Stephane Michot
              • ... 'Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
    • ... piyush