Hi,

Could you confirm if what you meant by categoryId was this
CategoryProductsAndServicesSearchParameter
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201806/TargetingIdeaService.CategoryProductsAndServicesSearchParameter>
 type?
If yes, according to the link provided, it only supports RequestType.IDEAS.
However, this does seem to work on your end. To further investigate this,
could you provide the complete SOAP request and response logs when the
service call was executed? You may respond via *Reply privately to author*.

Regards,
Dannison
AdWords API Team

On Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 5:29:48 PM UTC+8, Sally CHEN wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes, I can get the categoryid by setting RequestType to STAT.
>
> Best Regards,
> Sally
> 在 2018年8月23日星期四 UTC+8下午5:08:44,ghu...@system1.com写道:
>>
>> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can retrieve the category ID's
>> for keywords by setting RequestType to STATS?
>> https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/targeting-idea-service#retrieving_keyword_stats
>>
>> On Wednesday, July 4, 2018 at 4:15:57 AM UTC-7, Dannison Yao (AdWords API
>> Team) wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Sally,
>>>
>>> Just to make my previous response more clear. For your existing
>>> keywords, there is currently no service or report that would allow you to
>>> determine which category they are associated to.
>>>
>>> Feel free to write back if you need further clarifications.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dannison
>>> AdWords API Team

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/ec2690b7-9d7c-4406-b056-179d61467ec1%40googlegroups.com.
  • ... Sally CHEN
    • ... 'Dannison Yao (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
      • ... Sally CHEN
        • ... 'Dannison Yao (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
          • ... 'Dannison Yao (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
            • ... ghuang
              • ... Sally CHEN
                • ... 'Dannison Yao (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
    • ... Bora Kim