I was testing calls after adding the login_customer_id header and
continually hitting an error indicating that the user did not have access
to the sub account using the google ads api (python client library v0.7).
Upon further investigation, using the customer_service, I was able to make
a call to 'list_accessible_customers' only to find that only the MCC
account's resource name comes back in the response.  This seems to indicate
that the MCC accounts are not being treated as MCCs in the new API since
they should be returning all child account customer IDs as well.

I believe this is the cause of the issue being expressed in:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/adwords-api/login$20customer$20id%7Csort:date/adwords-api/w7xLbo-Pn5E/SH5uY0xhGgAJ

as well as a few other posts.

This can be easily verified by invoking the
customer_service.list_accessible_customers on an MCC account using its
credentials. If you require the specific MCC account ID let me know.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/4074b3fe-df11-4b4f-89a0-9d65c318423e%40googlegroups.com.
  • Accessi... Phil
    • RE... googleadsapi-forumadvisor via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
    • Re... Phil
      • ... googleadsapi-forumadvisor via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
        • ... Phil