Hello Google Ads gurus,

I am a data analyst, not a developer, so I know nothing about Google Ads or
APIs.  However, I've been tasked with gathering information about how to
accomplish a certain project.

We wish to enable our clients to import their call detail records (CDRs)
from our system into their Google Ads accounts so that they can report
calls as conversions and see how their phone campaigns are performing
alongside their Google Ads campaigns. We want to provide them with
everything they need in order to do this (API, etc.)

Our peers in this space are already doing this so we know we're not
breaking new ground here.  See Invoca
<https://www.invoca.com/integrations/google-ads/> and Callrail
<https://www.callrail.com/integrations/google-adwords/> for examples.  This
is the functionality we wish to emulate but we don't know where to start.

Questions:

   1. Can the Google Ads API enable this functionality "as-is"?  Or, do we
   need to customize the API?
   2. What data fields can we push to Google Ads?
   3. Does the source data need to reside anywhere in particular (e.g.
   within a specific database)?
   4. How do the credentials work to ensure each client can only access
   their own call data and not any other client's call data?  Do we have to
   build a security layer on our side to restrict access to the source data?

We have never worked in any capacity with Google Ads before so any guidance
you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Paul