Hi,

I struggled with this some time ago. Later someone asked the same question,
and the answer there best describes my findings:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/adwords-api/KLLiGbhnHAA/EnUhS7_LBgAJ

To summarize (but do read previous discussion):
1. Video campaigns consist of two types of ads, InStream ads and
VideoDiscovery ads. VideoDiscovery is search in YouTube, InStream is an ad
played immediatly before a different video. Both ad types have impressions,
but they have completely different meaning.
2. For your type of calculations, you need to filter on InStream ads, as
you only want their impressions.
3. In Google Ads Web UI, you can do this by segmenting on "View Type" -
then you can do calculations by hand, and validate your calculation method.
Unfortunately, Google AdWords API does NOT support this segment. Maybe
Google Ads API beta does support this.
4. Alternatively, if that's an option, your calculation will be correct
when you stop all VideoDiscovery ads - or, have less than 1 impression on
these ads combined.
5. Another alternative is requesting the same results on ADGROUP level, and
filter on AdGroupType. Only groups with AdGroupType of YOUTUBE_WATCH should
be included.

So basically, we're waiting on Google to add segment "View Type" to
CAMPAIGN_PERFORMANCE_REPORT. I'm waiting 2.5 years now. But the AdGroup
workaround works pretty nice.

Hope this helps!

On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 9:31:25 AM UTC+1, Damir Murzagulov wrote:

> Hi all, please help to figure out the next issue
>
> I try to calculate the number when the video was viewed at 50%.  Adwords
> API gives the rate
> VideoQuartile50Rate
> your video.
>
> So, I make a backward calculation of
> VideoQuartile50 Views=VideoQuartile50Rate*Impressions
>
> But the problem when I compare total values from API and my calculation
> numbers does not match.
>
> I prepared some example here
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L0I1Knj07KX1_0K1HKAvxme8N0eeVRcqbmGE0gqWI7o/edit#gid=0
>
> There, according to my calculation, I get total
> VideoQuartile50 Views=60094327.39
>
> But if I would use for calculation total numbers from API, I get
> VideoQuartile50 Views=48.67%*328498405=159880173.7
>
> Why it is happening? I am puzzled.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/423c1417-3a00-4f06-ad94-c7002c3459e7%40googlegroups.com.
  • How to get cor... 'Damir Murzagulov' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
    • Re: How t... Zweitze
      • Re: H... 'Damir Murzagulov' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
      • Re: H... 'Damir Murzagulov' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
    • RE: How t... Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod
      • Re: H... 'Damir Murzagulov' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
    • Re: How t... Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod
      • Re: H... 'Will Catron' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum