When a manager test account is created, I see that it is labeled as
"(Closed)" the moment it is created, which seems to prevent the creation of
client accounts within the test MCC. When I create a client account within
a test MCC, the first page of the set up process asks for an account name,
to confirm the type of account, time zone, currency, etc. but then the
second page displays a message that says "There is no billing setup or you
are not authorized to perform any operations in the billing page. Please
contact customer support for more information." Again, this is when trying
to create a client account within a test manager account, which is
apparently necessary for making API requests that involve creating
campaigns since those can be created within client accounts only.

All instructions provided by Google in their AdWords API documentation have
been followed multiple times by multiple people and no one can figure this
out. I'm guessing Google's link to where test manager accounts are created
is outdated, or they are not allowing *anyone* to create test client
accounts at this time.

Any suggestions? Thank you.