We would also really like have a way to get change information from the API
which contain who did what (just as it's available in the UI).

The
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201809/CustomerSyncService
 only
provides the Id of changed entities (for a subset of the entities for which
it's available on the UI)