Thanks Chuck.

We expect depending on which site to have between a 3 amp and 5 amp load. Have
not settled on the Ah of batteries yet just getting started on this.

From: ch...@wbmfg.com [mailto:ch...@wbmfg.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 10:36 AM
To: Brandon Yuchasz; af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] building our own 48volt DC sites grid tied.

Any telecom charger/rectifier will last for 20 years easy.

What kind of load amps do you need to run?  How big are the batts?

Your rectifier needs to be able to pull the full load current plus the heavy
battery recharge current when the power comes back on.  Having one that limits
current is good.  Say you have a 5 amp load current and a 100 Ah battery, you
are going to have a minimum of 10 amps of battery charge current after an
outage.  Probably more like 20.  So a 25 amp rectifier to run a 5 amp load plus
batts would not be out of question.

I like eltek/valere modular units.