From: "Mathew Howard" <mhoward...@gmail.com>
To: "AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group" <af@af.afmug.com>
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2018 10:05:08 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Fw: -48 vDC to 48 vDC

This is kind of odd... I was just checking a hEX POE with a meter, and I'm
getting 24v (using a 24v power supply) when I check between the positive side
of the power input and the SFP cage, or the shield on the USB port, but I'm
getting about 9.5v going to the shield on the ethernet ports.

I'm pretty sure that the RB750UP/hex poe lite (the non-gigabit version) has the
negative side of the power plug tied directly to ground, but these seem to be a
bit different.

Anyway, couldn't you get around the problem by just using non-shielded cat5?