Yeah, not sure what you did to fry it.  Would love to see it back and see
what you did to it.

The only thought I'd have immediately based on your description is maybe
something mechanically happened to the connector.

Send a ticket into cust...@packetflux.com if you haven't already done so
and we'll get a RMA started.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 4:56 PM, Jay Weekley <par...@cyberbroadband.net>
wrote:

> Nope.  Replacing a 48v for a 48.  Connected the plug like I've done many
> times before and it powered up but when put it in the cabinet one of the
> wires pulled out.  Put it back on and there was a crackle and burned
> electronic smell.  All I can think of is I stripped a little more
> insulation to get more wire to push through the clamps and may have
> scrapped off some of the tin.   I don't see how that would have caused it.
> Anyway, got a replacement and put the plug on with one a 24v and one a 48
> like I've done before and they both worked.
>
> By the way, the S.O.S was to see if someone from Packet Flux could call me
> and not someone from the list.
>
> Mathew Howard wrote:
>
>> seems like it would be kind of hard to fry a sync injector though...
>> unless it's one of the old ones and you put 48v into it, or something like
>> that.
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 4:30 PM, Josh Luthman <
>> j...@imaginenetworksllc.com <mailto:j...@imaginenetworksllc.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     You fried a sync injector.  That's what you did wrong.
>>

>>     Josh Luthman
>>     Office: 937-552-2340
>>     Direct: 937-552-2343
>>     1100 Wayne St
>>     Suite 1337
>>     Troy, OH 45373
>>
>>     On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 10:53 AM, part15
>>     <par...@cyberbroadband.net <mailto:par...@cyberbroadband.net>> wrote:
>>
>>         I somehow managed to frie a sync injector while doing some
>>         tower repairs. Can someone call me and tell me what I did
>>         wrong? 256-531-2245.
>>

>>         Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
>>
>>         --         AF mailing list
>>         AF@af.afmug.com <mailto:AF@af.afmug.com>
>>

>>     --     AF mailing list
>>     AF@af.afmug.com <mailto:AF@af.afmug.com>
>>

>> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_
>> source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
>> Virus-free. www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com/email-sign
>> ature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-
>> email&utm_content=emailclient>

> *Jay Weekley*
> *Cyber Broadband
> *

*Forrest Christian* *CEO**, PacketFlux Technologies, Inc.*
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/fwchristian>  <http://facebook.com/packetflux>
<http://twitter.com/@packetflux>