Again....anyone know what the hackers are doing?

Sent from my smartphone

----- Reply message -----
From: "Josh Baird" <joshba...@gmail.com>
To: "AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group" <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: [AFMUG] mikrotik hacked.....again
Date: Sun, Aug 5, 2018 6:12 PM

This.  It really should be a no-brainer to protect your devices by only
allowing management from specific management networks.  If you don’t, you are
asking for trouble.

On Aug 5, 2018, at 1:06 PM, Jesse DuPont <jesse.dup...@celeritycorp.net> wrote:

Exactly what Lewis said. We take an "allow specific things, block
everything else" approach. We only allow a small list of IP
addresses to access Winbox or SSH on a router. And aside from a
small list of other services the router needs to respond on
(rate-limited ICMP, established/related, DHCP on some interfaces,
OSPF or LDP on some interfaces, BGP from IP ranges of internal
routers), everything else in the INPUT chain is explicitly dropped.