Yes, it does Provision the Grandstream phones, but only Grandstream. It's very nice for small office. Still lacking some of the things that you can do in a 'normal' asterisk box. The biggest one that affects me is doing a prepend to the callerID name in Ring groups, so you know what ring group a call is coming in on if the same phone rings for multiple ring groups.

On 10/19/2018 1:22 PM, Adam Moffett wrote:
Does that provision Grandstream phones for you? That would be something worth looking at.

On 10/19/2018 2:01 PM, Andy Trimmell wrote:
Ive put in a couple of the Grandstream appliances after using PBX in a flash for years. Grandstream is a lot easier to maintain.

Andy Trimmell
Business Manager
PDS Connect
317-831-3000

-----Original Message-----
From: AF [mailto:af-boun...@af.afmug.com] On Behalf Of Adam Moffett
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2018 1:57 PM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] VoIP Systems

I haven't kept up on this for the past 3 years at least.

Is there a small business VoIP appliance that people like?

What about Asterisk+FreePBX distributions like PBX-in-a-Flash or
Asterisk@Home?  They kept having severe security issues with FreePBX, so
I'd be a little shy about going down that road, but if it's improved in
the past few years I'd try it again.  My other problem with FreePBX is
that it made some hard things very easy and some easy things very hard
(compared to editing asterisk config files).   I'm not sure it actually
saved me much time over using vanilla Asterisk.

-Adam