Interesting claim.  I can't say I agree.

On 12/9/2018 8:56 PM, Darin Steffl wrote:
All testing done by many wisp's shows that shaping at the radio/CPE or AP is about the worst way to do it.

Leads to huge slowdowns when the customer maxes their plan and other weird issues, maybe like what you're seeing.

I'd recommend shaping at your core, before it hits your backhaul network. We use preseem and it's a gem

On Sun, Dec 9, 2018, 7:18 PM Kurt Fankhauser <lists.wavel...@gmail.com <mailto:lists.wavel...@gmail.com> wrote:

    no ken i have not tried cranking up the QOS in the radio itself,
    maybe i will try that

    On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 4:01 PM Ken Hohhof <af...@kwisp.com
    <mailto:af...@kwisp.com>> wrote:

        Do you see the same thing even if you crank up the QoS
        settings as far as they will go?  Trying to determine if it’s
        Cambium’s QoS mechanism or something else.  We enforce speed
        tiers outside the radios so I don’t have much experience with
        how well or poorly Cambium’s QoS implementation works and
        whether there are any quirks that might interact badly with
        Ookla based speedtests.

        *From:* AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com
        <mailto:af-boun...@af.afmug.com>> *On Behalf Of *Kurt Fankhauser
        *Sent:* Sunday, December 9, 2018 11:18 AM
        *To:* af@af.afmug.com <mailto:af@af.afmug.com>
        *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] speedtest.net <http://speedtest.net>
        and Canopy/Cambium QOS / burst bucket

        Also here is AP downlink utilization graph for last 24 hours.
        Clearly AP is not overloaded only got up to beyond 20% for a
        very short period of time.

        On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 12:13 PM Kurt Fankhauser
        <lists.wavel...@gmail.com <mailto:lists.wavel...@gmail.com>>
        wrote:

            Ken there is no problem selling 50meg plans on original
            450 AP's running 30 mhz channels that only have a dozen
            low usage clients. 75/25 downlink ratio and 30mhz channels
            should yeild at least 100mbps down on linktests in 8x.
            Once you start to load up the AP's its not the original
            450 SM's thats the problem its the AP itself as those
            things give out at about 70'ish mbps down (even though the
            link tests show there is more capacity). At that point you
            just switch the AP out with a 450i and you can take
            advantage of the beyond 70mbps downlinks.

            My original problem is not related to running out of
            capacity on the AP as I am clearly able to get the
            bandwidth there with the www.openspeedtest.com
            <http://www.openspeedtest.com> site as well as Mikrotik
            Btest (see attached pic). Yes the attached pic is a
            Mikrotik router doing a TCP BTEST through an original
            450SM and original 450AP that has 15 clients attached to it!

            On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 9:55 AM Ken Hohhof <af...@kwisp.com