I just use a Harmony remote. It is god's remote control. Don't bother talking to Alexa, just push one button for almost any activity.

On 12/15/2018 5:15 PM, CBB - Jay Fuller wrote:

does anyone work with a harmony hub?

----- Original Message -----
From: Tim Hardy
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2018 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] talkable remote

TiVo works with Alexa

On Dec 15, 2018, at 1:09 PM, Steve Utick <sut...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dish Network has pretty complete integration in their Hopper3 DVR with Alexa and Google as well as their own Voice Remote:

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 10:34 AM CBB - Jay Fuller <par...@cyberbroadband.net> wrote:

My mom has been suffering from a decline in vision in recent years and has become more reliant on tools such as siri on her iphone
(siri - read me my messages) ; amazon alexa (which tunes into certain radio programs for her) and google hope (this is in her hallway, not sure why).

we've been discussing an alexa option (since that is in the family room where she sits) that might interface with some type of tv.  right now they have charter and they don't have a talkable remote.  she has a rather large smart tv and can see the picture on it but can't really see the remote to work things "manually".

those of you tinkering with new tech, is there something that interfaces with alexa that could then talk to a tv box?  How about a new receiver from directv or something with a voice remote?  How about streaming / over the top tv with a voice remote?

Thanks in advance.