I love how we can all nerd out over O-rings.

On 2/12/2019 7:22 AM, Ken Hohhof wrote:

I’m not sure if you guys are kidding or serious, but petroleum products will probably attack the rubber.

On something like a Ceragon mount where the O ring doesn’t slide over a tube but just presses against the other surface, you’d probably be better off just going without lube.  Otherwise, you could use the old photographer’s trick for filling scratches – nose oil.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_sebum

*From:*AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> *On Behalf Of *Tim Withrow via AF
*Sent:* Tuesday, February 12, 2019 5:41 AM
*To:* af@af.afmug.com
*Cc:* Tim Withrow <timwith...@aol.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Lube for Backhaul O-rings?

It's one of the things I usually forget but always have a vehicle near, so I just pulled the dipstick out and get some oil off it.

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 Steve Jones <af@af.afmug.com <mailto:af@af.afmug.com>> wrote:

Vaseline is what i use on my pool

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 3:36 PM Bill Prince <part15...@gmail.com <mailto:part15...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Yeah. That was probably my brain aneurysm acting up. Probably
    conflated WD40 and DC4...

    part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com

    On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 12:30 PM Ken Hohhof <af...@kwisp.com