I know I can throw a temp chunk of fiber on the ground and have things up and running in an hour or two.

-----Original Message----- From: Robert
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2019 9:23 AM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Earthquake Fiber vs Microwave

I would think that depends hugely upon the geography of the fiber run.
Fault zones in california can shift 9-12 feet in very tight shear in a
big one.   Look at some of the pictures from the last quake in AK and
you can see 15-18 foot displacements in x y and z.  Would be tough to
have confidence that your fiber would not get sheared in those
conditions.   Might be tough to have a microwave link survive that as
well but if the tower isn't 100 feet tall and is anchored in bedrock
might not have as much trouble.  I don't know of any towers that went
down in the Loma Prieta quake, the last large one I experienced.  But
there might be some people on this list that have more data on that.