That’s right up there with with some other project budget tricks.    For years
a major bottle manufacturers projects always had a line item for “UDR” that was
roughly 10% of the project cost.    One day a senior manager got a bug up his
ass and wanted to know what “UDR” was - Undeveloped Design Risk - a.k.a. the
slush fund.   The usual corporate temper tantrum was thrown and no project was
allowed to have such a thing.    You can guess the rest - fewer than 10% of the
projects made it though on budget after that, down from about 80% previously.

Mark