After a storm we noticed that customer signal levels dropped a lot on a 2.4 GHz omni. Especially the received signals on the AP. Water had gotten in so we replaced the omni, radio and the connectors and the signal levels were better but didn't return to their original levels and are still about 5 db lower than they were before the storm. The original omni was a Ubiquiti AMO-2G13 and was replaced with a 13 dBi KPPA-2GHZ-DPOMA-WC-2.

The Ubiquiti antenna has 2 degrees of downtilt versus 1 with the KP Performance antenna. Would this be enough difference to cause the problem? What else could it be?

--
Jay Weekley
Cyber Broadband