I agree with Forrest. A degree means close to nothing in my experience. Work experience is important but the property mentality and passion for the work is key.

-----Original Message----- From: Adam Moffett
Sent: Tuesday, June 4, 2019 8:05 AM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Network Engineer job in NY State

If you've got someone in mind, with or without a degree, then send him over.

On 6/4/2019 2:18 AM, Forrest Christian (List Account) wrote:
Just a random observation:

The Degree requirement may eliminate some of your best candidates.
Some of the best IT/system admin people I've ever interacted with
don't have a degree.   Most of the tech job listings anymore don't
even include this line, or if they feel the need to include it, they
add something like " Relevant work experience may substitute for
required education."

The only place one sees this anymore is for jobs in traditionally
degree-heavy industries like aerospace, and even then they usually
include an 'x years of work experience can be substituted for the
degree requirement'.