They had to build a special pad just for the demolition crane to sit on. It hasn't had any tower lights since last year, so I guess I should have figured it was going away.

On 6/18/2019 4:16 PM, Mike Hammett wrote:
I didn't realize mine was being torn down until it was already gone.

Yours was older than mine. It is sad that they're going away. I don't know why they don't just sell them. I would have picked up both of them. :-)

Yours had an FAA sign at the base.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions <http://www.ics-il.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/ICSIL><https://plus.google.com/+IntelligentComputingSolutionsDeKalb><https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-computing-solutions><https://twitter.com/ICSIL>
Midwest Internet Exchange <http://www.midwest-ix.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/mdwestix><https://www.linkedin.com/company/midwest-internet-exchange><https://twitter.com/mdwestix>
The Brothers WISP <http://www.thebrotherswisp.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/thebrotherswisp>

<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXSdfxQv7SpoRQYNyLwntZg>
*From: *"Nate Burke" <n...@blastcomm.com>
*To: *"Animal Farm" <af@af.afmug.com>
*Sent: *Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:08:03 PM
*Subject: *[AFMUG] RIP Tower History

They're tearing down a 4 legged, what I think was about a 400' FAA tower
by my house.
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.8188909,-88.2242849,219m/data=!3m1!1e3
Had 6 big horns on the top, and a handful of 10' dishes.  Also some
spiderweb looking antennas sticking out the top.  I'm pretty sure it was
an FAA tower, I couldn't find it in the FCC Tower database, and I don't
think it was a long-lines tower.

I'm guessing the amount of Copper Waveguide that came off the tower is
just pure profit for the demolition company...