PRTG free version lets you monitor up to 100 sensors.  Needs Windows though.

https://www.paessler.com/howto-free-network-monitoring

From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Chuck McCown
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 11:43 AM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] uptime monitoring

I am at the mercy of another service provider at a couple of sites.  Lately
they have been having big problems on their fiber system.

What is the best cheap and dirty program to just continually ping something
and make a graph?  I attempted to do a trial of whatsup gold but it had a
freaking huge SQL install that came along with it and I know they are going
to want some money.

I could write something simple to log up and down times but I am sure
someone has already done it.  Really simple, ping something like Google DNS
every 30 seconds.  If it is down, record the time.  When it comes back
record the time.