From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Ken Hohhof
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 7:16 AM
To: 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group' <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] PPPoE MTU Newb confusion

I can't speak to the Ubiquiti equipment, but PPPoE adds 8 bytes of overhead.
So MTU will normally be 1492, and the PPPoE client will normally enforce this
by modifying MTU advertisements from the client side.

What you want to do seems comparable to carrying 8 passengers in an 8 seat van,
forgetting that the driver takes up 1 seat.