I guess I'm behind the times.  Why do lightbulbs and toasters need connectivity?
I suppose we can start using /22's now and make the DHCP pool 1000 IP's.

What's this about a holy war with IPv6? I haven't noticed that either.  Is there someone who thinks depletion is totally ok and we'll never need v6?