A friend thought legalized drugs would be the end of people getting in trouble with the law. It's true in some ways but I pointed out there would be even more laws to follow and more ways to get in trouble with them.

Steve Jones wrote:
Yes, the hydropnics is expensive, but the real killer is the electricity. If youre growing high potency niche strains, you need to control the entire environment. I think cali is a 6 plant state. There is still black market booze, huge numbers of black market tobacco products. Taxes and regulations are always going to produce black markets. Illionois just went to tobacco 21 and jacked taxes. Stampless tobacco is all over the place now. I dont even know where they get these, packaging looks legit, so maybe they just truck ot from manufacturers

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019, 7:09 AM Jay Weekley <par...@cyberbroadband.net <mailto:par...@cyberbroadband.net>> wrote:

    You can grow your own in California can't you?  Is it very hard or
    expensive to do so?

    Bill Prince wrote:

    > The black market still exists because they made the taxes so high.
    >
    > The cannabis coming from south of the border does not have the same
    > (or any) quality/potency controls.
    >
    > Yes. They are worried about losing revenue.
    >
    > What they don't understand (yet) is if they lower the duty/taxes on
    > cannabis, the legal volume will go up and make more revenue.
    >
    > bp
    > <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>
    >
    > On 8/18/2019 5:14 PM, Chuck McCown wrote:
    >> News article about some pot mixed with peppers being
    intercepted in
    >> San Diego.
    >> Officials said:
    >>
    >>     Not only did they prevent the drugs from reaching our
    community,
    >>     they also prevented millions of dollars of potential profit
    from
    >>     making it into the hands of a transnational criminal
    organization."

    >> The first half of that does not make any sense to me because
    >> California now has a vested interest in these so called “drugs”
    from
    >> reaching the community via official channels.
    >> The second half seems like it is more about the state losing
    the profit?
    >> How is it worth the risk to import pot into a state that has
    >> recreational pot?  Is there a market for black market pot?

-- *Jay Weekley*
    *Cyber Broadband
    *

    ---