From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Dan Spitler
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:23 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Winston Privacy

Oh boy

https://support.winstonprivacy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027638111-Am-I-responsible-for-other-users-activity-that-is-routed-through-my-Winston-via-the-Distributed-Privacy-Mesh-Network-

Let the random abuse complaints begin!

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 5:17 PM Ken Hohhof <af...@kwisp.com
<mailto:af...@kwisp.com> > wrote:

Customer called today, he got one of these devices via some sort of
kickstarter.  They tell him to put it on the Internet side of his router, and
that it should just work.  It doesn’t, and he then has no Internet.  We use
PPPoE.  I don’t see how this thing can work, unless it does the PPPoE and
essentially takes  the place of the router.  When he called them, of course the
told him that his ISP needs to “open ports”.

https://winstonprivacy.com/

Of course, the customer is also an Applehead.