Rented a Mercedes at Nice to go visit some caves a couple hours West.  I am
totally handicapped now with my Leaf’s adaptive cruise control and lane
keeping.  Just about rear-ended some cars after setting the cruise control.
Also am apt to take my hands off the wheel.

I am surprised such a new Mercedes does not have adaptive cruise control.  At
least if it does I cannot figure out how to use it.  The sat-nav operation was
totally unintuitive.  Had a weird touch pad thing in the center console.  Very
difficult to program in a destination address.

Never drove a Mercedes before.  Not likely to again.