We've started to wire things to the alarm inputs on our E7-2s.  Things like
cab door open, battery alarms, environmental alarms, etc.  These get logged
in CMS, and change the device icon to match alarm severity.  We also use
SNMP to monitor things and send pages out but it is helpful to combine
alarms with the E7-2.

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 4:10 PM Adam Moffett <dmmoff...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Who monitors alarm relays on network equipment like switches and
> backhauls?  Can you explain why you'd do that over SNMP?
>
> I feel like you'd have to have a separate out of band network to carry
> the alarms in order for that to have any benefit.....but maybe if you're
> Verizon that's not a problem.   Am I off base on this?

Carl Peterson

*PORT NETWORKS*

401 E Pratt St, Ste 2553

Baltimore, MD 21202