From: Adam Moffett
Sent: Friday, November 8, 2019 9:15 AM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] RF Goggles

In all seriousness:  Think of those 3D video viewers that are just goggles
holding your smart phone.  Add an array of 5ghz antenna with similar beamwidth
to eyeballs (about 30 degrees), some kind of DSP module connecting to the
antennas, and the DSP module to the smartphone with USB-C.

Add a lot of fancy software and you've got RF goggles.  The view in the goggles
comes from the smartphone camera with received signal expressed as heat colors
overlayed on the video.

I don't mean to say it would be easy, but it seems attainable.

In real life would it be more useful than a spectrum analyzer, or just cool to
look at?