Capt Kangaroo was my guy when I was a kid.  I think Mr. Rogers came along
later.  I barely remember Howdy Doody and a show called Hoot Nanny.

From: Ken Hohhof
Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8:50 PM
To: 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group'
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT movie review

As a kid I didn’t watch Mr. Rogers, he was just TOO nice.  (= boring)

I was more into Garfield Goose.  Maybe that was a local Chicago thing since it
was on WGN.

And Mr. Wizard.  Sheesh, today he would probably be arrested as a pedophile.
Did kids come over to visit Mr. Rogers?  Yep, he’d be in jail too.