Worldwide, Android has an 80% share, give or take.  That makes it 4:1 in favor of Android.

The US is different, and I'm pretty sure Android is still more popular, but not as much. I have not seen, or maybe I don't remember what the ratio is.

Most of my friends are geeks, and have Androids (as do I). isn't an iphone kind of a girly phone?