From: "Mark - Myakka Technologies" <m...@mailmt.com>
To: "AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group" <af@af.afmug.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 11:45:03 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Swimming Pools

Re: [AFMUG] OT Swimming Pools Cameron,

Most of the pools in FL are screened in. Keeps bugs and other junk out. Don't
think that would work well up north. I'm not a snow/ice expert, but guessing a
screened roof would collapse under the weight eventually.

--
Best regards,
Mark mailto:m...@mailmt.com

Myakka Technologies, Inc.
www.Myakka.com

------

        I have a 40,000 gal pool. My back yard is surrounded by trees (two
sides of crepe myrtles, and some kind of broadleaf deciduous trees along the
back) and I have a large pecan tree that has very high branches that hang over
the shallow end in one part. The squirrels like to play a game and see how far
they can chuck half eaten pecans out into the pool. Green pecans sink and
almost immediately turn brown staining the plaster. Only thing that gets the
stains off is poring granulated shock on them and letting it sit without the
filter running for a couple hours. We also loose about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch a day
in the TX summer. With all the organic material that ends up in my pool, and
with the water loss and replacing with much less chlorinated city water, I have
to shock it at least once a week in the summer and add algicide at least once
per month. The sun also breaks chlorine down quickly. I spend about 350/month
in the summer in chemicals and have to skim every day and brush it at least
twice a week. If I had it to do again, I would never, ever own a pool.

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 10:20 AM Mark - Myakka Technologies < m...@mailmt.com >